At Good Therapy, we realize nutrition plays a key role in our holistic approach to achieving ultimate health. Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are trained in providing the best evidence based practice for nutrition and dietary strategies. Nutrition at Good Therapy is about using food as medicine and developing a customized, sustainable, and wholesome dietary plan centered on a healthy relationship with food. There is no “one size fits all approach” when it comes to our nutrition needs, which is why seeking out a dietitian is so beneficial to understand what your tailored nutrition profile looks like.
Why might you decide to work with a Dietitian?
- You need to gain or lose weight. Whether it’s a significant amount of weight to lose or pushing past those last stubborn pounds, a dietitian can provide a safe and effective weight management plan. A dietitian is also helpful for those needing to gain weight while ensuring 100% adequate nutrition.
- You need to control your diabetes, reduce high blood pressure or manage a chronic health condition. Learn how to make safe and effective dietary adjustments to improve labs and reduce risk of chronic health conditions without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are looking for a healthy relationship with food. Whether overcoming an eating disorder, anorexia, binge eating, or bulimia or just need a healthier approach to food, a dietitian can help provide strategies necessary for health and healing. Integrative Dietitians incorporate lots of mindful eating practices into their work around not just the "what" but the "how, when and where" of our eating habits.
- You have digestive problems or food allergies and want to relieve gastrointestinal upset. Whether it’s IBS, IBD, Celiac’s, allergies, or a combination, learn how to fine-tune your diet to avoid aggravating symptoms, prevent flare-ups from occurring and ensure you are getting adequate nutrition.
- You’re pregnant or trying to become pregnant. Research shows that having a healthful diet, consuming a variety of whole, nutritious foods, getting adequate vitamins, minerals and following safe food handling is necessary for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
- You want increased energy. Specific phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals have been proven to help with the various energy pathways for increased energy, alertness, memory and cognition.
- You want to reduce inflammation and relieve chronic pain/discomfort. Whether it’s fibromyalgia, arthritis, or chronic pain, working with a dietitian will help to identify specific foods and meal-planning strategies to reduce inflammation and improve symptoms
- You want to improve your performance in sports. Want to run faster, jump higher, and work at your hardest capacity longer? Food plays directly into the metabolic pathways that allow you to do just that. Working with a dietitian will help devise a specific sports nutrition protocol.
- You want to change your body composition. You want to start losing fat and increasing muscle mass. Reducing visceral fat has dramatic impacts on your health such as reducing inflammation, improving insulin sensitivity and improving overall metabolism. Learn how to use food (even fat) to lose fat and improve your body composition.
- You want to live a long, healthy, and prosperous life. Working with a dietitian will help you learn the skills to break old habits, learn new eating strategies, and learn means to improve cognitive function, stabilize mood and hormones, and help to overall live a life of quality. Working with a dietitian will ensure you are receiving the most up-to-date, evidence based practices (and busting the many food "myths" or old science you may have been told).